Your benefits from additive manufacturing:
- You can realise highly complex geometries that conventional methods cannot produce at all, such as undercuts, hollows, and topology-optimised or bionic designs.
- You can receive individual, customer-specific components possible with “build on demand”
- Faster component availability and improved delivery time in comparison to conventional methods
- “Complexity for free”: Since components costs primarily depend on the number of layers and therefore, final height, complexity plays a minor role when it comes to component costs.
- Reduced product development time and therefore, lower product development costs
- Since setup costs are almost constant at AM, price per piece is virtually independent of piece quantity. These factors lead to cost advantages for individual components and small series.
The majority of the components produced with AM require finishing. Typically, local areas must be finished in order to place threads or fits. Whether it involves removing supports, improving surface quality or creating fits or threads, in this area we combine our decades of experience in cutting complex components by milling and turning with this relatively new technology.
Do you require consulting with regard to AM-compatible design or selecting a procedure? Simply contact Additive Manufacturing Specialist VDI Peter Glökler:
Tel.: +49 (0) 7464 985 02 35
Our integration into the design process has proven to deliver maximum benefits when it comes to throughput times and costs. Since most additively manufactured parts require finish-machining, as experts for milling and turning we are happy to participate as early as the design phase. In this way, we can define the geometries together in order to touch, clamp and cut the components to be finish-machined later.
Do you need a complete solution? Thanks to our network, we are able to offer additively manufactured components from a single source, from project engineering, planning, and design to the production phase, finishing, and quality assurance. With the assistance of our agile, experienced business partners, we map the entire process chain to satisfy your needs in the best way possible.